Child with spell of sharp pain in testicles causing dizziness, difficulty in seeing and hearing. Did not undergo any physical activity. Cause?

My son who is 13. Height 5 4 and about maybe 130/140 lbs had an issue a few month ago where he was experiencing pain in his left testicle that radiated up through his left side and a bit down his hip/leg area. This was after walking in a 5K. At the time, we believed it to be a sprain or pulled groin muscle. He got better but now it has returned but this time he has been pretty much a couch potato with being out of school and no exercise really to think of or attribute it to. Any suggestions or thoughts. He also has stated the pain was so sharp at one point he got really dizzy and had issues with seeing/ hearing at one point. I am monitoring him now and will take him to see his physician but wanted to pick someone s brain being it is too late to see anyone tonight.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012