Child with soft skin above ear, soft spot on head, no pain. What to do?

Hello, My 8 month old son fell down a couple of time in last 1 week. 6-7 days back , I realized that has some very soft skin just above his rigth ear. Its feels similar to the soft spot as there on top of his head. I think, there is no pain when I touch that area on top of his right ear. He do acts normally and there are no vsible changes to his regular activities. I have been to our regular/ family Doc 5 days back...she said need not to worry as there is no pain in touching. and it should be fine in 8-9 days of time. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013