Child with slow in writing and lack of concentration. Is it dyslexia?

Hi, I have a six year old son. At age of 3 until before he gets to school, I noticed he don t like to study much. When i m teaching something, he wil be interested for sometime only and then he ll do what he wants. When he attended his preschool, the teacher says he is poor in writing and can t recognize letters but when asked orally, he can have good grades. We also find it hard whether he is right or left handed. Now he is in the first grade, he still slow in writing and often some teachers can t understand. But now he has shown improvement. He can write his name and recognize letters and numbers. Until one time i watched one movie and was surprised that it revolves around a child having similar condition. That s the only time I concluded that my son is suffering from dyslexia . Right now I m in India and my mom is the one taking care of him. How will I address his condition? What things I need to do? Is it just temporary and he can overcome it? I ve read loads of articles. There are many popular names who suffered dyslexia during their childhood including Thomas Edison, Leonardo Da VInci, Albert Einstein and many more.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012