Child with short stature, CBC not normal, low HGB,HCT, MCH and MCV, high EOS and IG. Suggestion?

Hello Doctor! My son is almost 8 years old and short stature. My doctor ordered blood test and bone age X-ray for him. The result is that TSH , T4, and SED Rate all fall into normal range. However, the CBC is abnormal. Low HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, and RDWSD, high EOS and IG. The doctor refered my son to endocronologist. My question is why the doctor send my son to the endocronologist? What is your idea about my son s CBC results? I appreciate it!
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013