Thanks for posting your query here at healthcaremagic.Chronic cough
has many causes and it needs further detailed evaluation.
There is not enough information on: Age, weight
1. Whether your son has been losing weight?
2. Is he running any temperature?
3. Does he suffer from frequent infections?
4. Does he get rash
on his skin/sneezing/eye watering a lot suggestive of allergy?
5. Has he received BCG
vaccine? Is there anybody in family or school who has long-standing cough?
I would suggest following steps at this stage:
1. He needs blood investigations and chest x-ray. Occasionally, a CT-scan of the lungs may be needed
2. He needs to be evaluated by a Pediatrician
to find cause of his long-standing symtpoms
3. Treatment should be based on these results and evaluation.
Sorry, I personally don't know any doctor in Nepal. You should be able to find a good Pediatrician either on internet or friends.
Hope you will be able to sort out his issues sooner.
Dr Tejas Shah