Child with red bumps on cheek, chest and abdomen. Not cured by oral prednisone. Any suggestion?

Hi, My 20 month old daughter has a rash on her cheek. There are raised red bumps that started out very small (they were pale in color) and after a week turned larger and brighter in color. They don t seem to itch and she doesn t have a fever . The day that they got really bad, I noticed two small bumps on the other side of her face and a few on one of her hands.I took her to the doctor and they didn t know what it was. She was given oral prednisone for a week. The bumps have lightened in color and seem to be getting better but are still quite visible (she stopped taking the medicine a week ago). This morning she woke up with a few red bumps on her chest and tummy. Any suggestions on what I should do now? I called her doctor and asked for a referrel to a dermatologist but I don t know if that s necessary.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013