Child with recurring lumps in the head with runny nose that subside in few days. Had suffered with infection that caused swollen lymph nodes. What is the cause and remedy?

Hi, I have a 3 year old son who is 34 lbs. and around 3 5 feet tall. He keeps getting these reacurring lumps in his head about the size of a quarter that bring on a runny nose as well. There may be up to 5 or 6 at a time. They disappear after around 2 days and will occur again within about a week. I am so confused as of what this could be. We took him to his dr. and he said that it may have been from a previous infection that his body had and it made his lipnoids swollen, but they are back and that has been only a week and a half ago. What could this be please help.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012