Child with recurring cough, congestion, diagnosed with asthma. Symptoms reappear after stopping Montair LC kid. Is it safe for long term?

My son is 2.6 years old. Since from his born he is having Cough /heavy muscus in his chest , cold .Continuously u can say in year 12 months he is having same problem.just now we came to know that he is having asthama. Till this time, we used to give him strong antibiotic , steriods for removing his cough. Before 3 months i have atrted Montair LC kid on anothe Doctor s suggestion.But if i stop that tablet again he is facing same problem.I vey afraid is he addicted for the medicine in future. for long term is it good to give that it affecting on his Immunity system ?Plz tell me
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012