Child with persisting sore throat and fever. On third round of antibiotics. Tested positive for strep and Influenza. Did blood test. Should I be worried?

My son has been sick for over 6 weeks with a sore throat and fever, he is on his third round of antibiotics. His first strep test was negative but they gave him antibiotics because his throat looked so bad., 2 weeks later he was sick again and test for strep was positive he was given penicillin , Started to get better, then fell ill again two weeks ago, and was found to have influenza . They gave him tamiflu . He started to feel better and now his sore throat is back. It is red and swollen, some infected looking spots. Rapid strep was negative but they gave him a Z packThey tested him for Mono, but I am concerend because I had a family friend who started like this and was found to have leukemia. They did blood work today.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013