Child with persisting fever. Antibiotics prescribed. Fever not going away completely. What is wrong?

Hello Santhosh, My son aged 4 years having fever for 3 days. Docters prescribed paracetamol if the temp is < 102 and above 102 meftol p. After two days if fever does not subsidise docter asked to use Pecef - 100 antibiotic twice a day. Fever goes down for 3 hours if we use paracetamol and comes back again. If we use meftol p fever goes off for 4-5 hours and coming back. We started using pecef 100 from today. But the fever not going off completingly and coming back after some time when we use paracetamol/meftol p. Please advise?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013