Child with persisting cough. Not responding to calpol and antibiotics. Advice?

Ongoing cough 3-4 weeks, 1st time gp they say viral give calpol , 2nd time antibiotics even though no infection, had paramedics called out to him due to weasiness, 3rd time at gp prescribed him an inhaler only for when he s weasy. Tonight cough is ridiculously chesty even though they say everytime it s clear! He wakes several times in the night and is up around 4-5am due to him being unwell thus is very unusual as he s slept through from 9 weeks! My gut instinct is they missed sonething
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012