Child with pain in the legs and ribs. What could be the reason?

My son has pain that comes and goes. I never know when he is goign to get it or not and it last for anywhere from a half hour to a couple hours. Today I could see he was in pain and he said the pain was in his legs to where they ached and hurt to where he couldnt stand. and a pain in his ribs. He shakes from the pain and I am not sure what I should be looking for. I wan tto take him to his family doctor on Monday but anything I should be looking for or trying in the meantime?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013