Child with pain in the eye due to clogged tear duct. Had nose b;eed while having flu. Opinion?

My son has had a problem with his right eye since December when he had the flu. His right eye will hurt, especially when in bright sunlight or a bright room and then it will water. His pediatrician said it might be a tear duct that is clogged. He has had numerous sinus infections this year, one right after the other also. He is not sick right now but his eye is bothering him. A few nights ago, he had a nose bleed on the right nostril. It was bad enough that it was dripping out and stained the floor. I thought it might be connected since he's not had a nose bleed like that ever. He is 12.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013