Child with pain in the eye, altered vision. Have lenses for myopia. Could this be related to stress or hormonal levels?

My 13 y.o. daughter currently has a bad pain around her right eye, she says it s behind her eye and just above it, and her vision is not right - she describes it as not being able to see all the words when she reads, as though there s a dark patch. (She is myopic but that is well controlled with corrective lenses). She s starting to feel nauseous with this now as well. Additionally, her period has started today - she began menstruating about 10 months ago and doesn t have a regular pattern as yet, but it s about 23 days since the last one. Finally, she has just finished a huge week of exercise, competing for the last five days in a high-level athletics competition. She has never experienced these symptoms before. Could this be related to her periods /hormone levels; or to the stress of the last week? What can I do to help ease the symptoms? Thank you, A s mum
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013