Child with pain in finger tip and swelling, gave ice pack and applied Tylenol. Solution?

My little girl is 3 years old and she has been complaining about pain in her finger tip upon further inspection it was a little red I gave her an ice pack and tylenol she was fine she went to bed but woke up and she is crying her finger is hurt, it is swollen and white right on the tip/pad of her finger (index) and extremely painful to the touch she would not let me touch it to get a better look until I calmed her. But would you guys be able to give me an idea of what I can do or do I need to take her to the ER
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Seems that her index finger has developed some infection with maybe pus .Did she suffer from any injuries in that finger ?Did you recently trim her finger nail to deep? At present you can continue giving her some painkiller and get her examined by a docter to rule out infection .
Take Care