Child with nodules on the both the shins, they are hard with the larger ones painful at times. Is it worrisome?

My 6 year old daughter has had a nodule on her right shin for a couple months. It started very small and since has become about 3 cm+ at its widest point and is irregular in shape. Tonight I noticed that she has another nodule about 2 inches below this one that is pea sized and another on her left shin that is also pea sized. They are hard and the large one can be painful at times. She has an appointment to see her pediatrician on Monday but since discovering the new nodules I am concerned that I should take her in sooner. Just wonder. Thanks so much!
Asked On : Sun, 12 Feb 2012