Child with muscle pain, high temperature. Diagnosed with pertusis. Taking cefzil, augmentin and z-pack. Any advice?

Hello! Really do not know what else to do....My son is ten years old and for the last two months he has had extreme muscle aches and pains...He hurts to move and hasn t been in school since Jan.14 2013....He was originally diagnosed with pertussis , even though he had his vaccinations when he was younger......The pertussis cough and everything with that did get him down for a ong while...He also had strep ....He has been on cefzil, augmentin , and a z-pack....He finished all but the augmentin..His doctor stopped the augmentin and changed him to z-pack after the pertussis diagnosis.....His blood has been thouroughly checked and come back ok....he refluxes terribly and this joint and muscle pain will not go away....He can t do anything other than lay on our couch....He is taking Tylenol #3 and 5mg. Cyclobenzaprine at night....He hurts soooo bad daily.....He also runs a temp of 99.3 to 100.0 a lot.......I am beside myself with concern..I have to stay home with him daily and take care of him..Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated........
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013