Child with molluscum not healing. Large pus filled spots on the body. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my six-year-old son has molloscum, which is horrible but does seem to be getting better (after nearly two years), but I've now noticed that he is getting large pus-filled spots here and there on his body (the latest ones are on his outer thigh and knee). They are completely different to the molloscum spots, more like teenager's 'zits'. Should I be concerned? Is his immune system very poor. The whole lot is so unsightly I feel sorry for him, especially as he's very sporty and wears shorts/swimming trunks etc. a lot of the time!
Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013