Hello. Thanks for the query.
The average weight for a child of this age is about 10 kgs. However, if the child had a low birth weight
, then one can expect the weight to be less than 10 kgs at 1 year. First of all, let me reassure you that as your child is happy and active, that itself is a very good sign. Kindly follow the following steps to improve feeding.
1. She is past 1 yr of age. Stop all formula feeds and give only homemade food. make the baby sit with you at meal times
2. Continue to give milk 3 times a day only, on awakening, evening and at bedtime. Night feeds are ok if baby wakes up.
3. For breakfast by 8 am ,chapathi and dhal with a little ghee or bread or idli, etc
4. Mid morning snack by 10.30 of banana, apple, homemade orange juice or kheer,
5. lunch should be rice with dhal and ghee and different softly cooked vegetable or palak, everyday followed by little rice with curd( dahi)
6 evening 4.00. any fruit or ragi porridge or boiled carrots, etc
7. night dinner again rice with vegetables, dhal, etc.
To summarize, milk not more than 3 times, rice should be given at least 2 times, introduce all vegetables and fruits in diet, don't give biscuits and other chocolates which spoil appetite and stick to a fixed time schedule for your child.
I,m sure you will soon have a healthy and active baby.
Take care. bye