Child with irregularities in endothelium layer of the cornea, diagnosed the problem was from birth. Is it possible?

Hi, a weak ago i took my 6 years old son for eye test and the optometrist noticed some irregularities in endothelium layer of the cornea and she doubted corneal dystrophy. She referred my son to ophthalmologist and when he saw my son he told me not to worry about it and it seems to be by birth. I am still a bit worried my question is it possible to have irregularities on cornea by birth.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013