Child with involuntary exhale , sound like punched in stomach. Had croup and pneumonia. Is it related?

My 7 year old has an involuntary exhale at random times (sounds like he was punched in the stomach ). There is no rhyme or reason for this. It happens for a month or two then goes away for a month or two. Usually he is sitting or relaxing. He doesn t know that he does it and it doesn t seem to bother him. He had croup 3 or 4 times when he was smaller and walking pneumonia 6 months ago. I am wondering if all these things are related.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013