Child with intense cough, cries and throws out everything after giving asthalin puff. Should I continue giving the puff?

My daughter is 17 month old ,sincee 1week she had cough doctor said it ios allergic cough ll be cured in 4-5 dayz and prescribed aarexol plus and ambrotics-S cough syrup .But when it didnt worked doctor suggeststed us asthalin inhaler 2 puffs 4 times per day (for 5 days) my daughter cries so much while giving puff sometime she throws out evrythin after giving puff .Should I continue giving puff ? I am really worried about her coughing and pain and scare she goes through while coughing .
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012