Child with infected ear lobes after ear piercing. Reddish would with crust. Need to go to the doctor?

My daughter has both ear lobes pierced (for over 2years), and tonight I noticed both look infected. Or just wounded? They were smashed a little too tight together I think, but they are both very red and swollen, and 1 of the backs of the earring was planted inside a cut looking wound, that would ooze cleanish yellow puss when a warm cloth and ear piercing antiseptic was applied; very upset. I did get it out tho without too much difficulty by using the front part of the earring to leverage its careful removal, but it looks like a red wound back there. A little dried yellow crust. Should I take her to a doctor? Or continue treating at home for a couple days and watch progress?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013