Child with hyper pigmentary mosaicism, knot on head. How to cure it?

My son has hyper pigmentary mosaicsism. We got to childrens hospital yearly to keep a look out. He has large bone like knot on the front left side of his head. It is painless and has been checked my his pediatrician a well his dermatologist specialist at ACH. Both assure me it is fine. No one has told me what it is or what we can do if it continues to get larger. Children are often cruel and he starts school next year.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Thanks for writing in.
The mosaicism is a genetic problem.There is very little treatment options to offer in such cases.As long as there are only skin problems and no functional difficulties no treatment is needed.The pigmentation can cause social problems. Camouflage is a better option.Laser treatment can be tried but it is not 100% effective.
Discuss the options with your dermatologist.