Child with high fever, pain on urination, abdominal pain. What should i do?

6 year old male with high fever, pain on urination, lower right side abdominal pain. CT scan inconclusive for appendix. Urine culture showed no growth. Augmentin given for UTI. After almost 48 hours, still running high fever and pediatrician puzzled with no growth urine culture. Appointment made with pediatric nephrologist in two weeks. We are worried. He's had no history of UTI in the past. He has had intermittent low grade fever with and without hives present over the last few weeks. No other symptoms. What could we be looking at?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013