Child with frequent cough and cold. Can you give some home remedies for increasing the immunity?

My son is 2yrs & 5 months,he gets cold , cough very frequently,can ragi be given to him everyday,I have given him medicine like Septilin,Actified,Ascoril syrup,Dabur honitus,Home remedy like honey ginger in the morning,jyestha madh,Turmeric milk in the morning,I havent started with ragi yet,is ragi not advisable for the children who has cough,Can you Pls advice me some remedies to get relieved from his frequent coughing & also to increase his immune.Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Your son who is around 2 1/2yrs is in the age group where the immunity is slightly weak in all children.Most of the children in his age group have also started to go to playschool by this time so they are prone to get communicable infection from their peers.In general they do suffer illnesses 5-6 times in a year.If your son is falling ill more than this frequency and he is not growing up in general then you need to meet his docter.If the cough which you are talking is also not dissapearing then you need to discuss with his doc whether there is a lingering infection or it is allergic type.
You can use home remedies for improving his immunity as you are already doing.But the best immunity comes from the good balanced diet which the child takes in.So make his diet rich and he will grow better.