Child with forgetting all the things. Tested for near vision wrong and problem in his EEG. IS it Epilepsy?

sir, my son is 14 years old. last friday night from 9 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. on saturday he remained without recognising house and parents and talked with his friends about preparation of papers and in his class room and to go some restaurant with opened eyes. for some time he said papa and mummy also. but he did not remain constant. again and again he was trying some thing such as to keep my shirt, to go for outside for school. at 5 am he slept for 1 hour. when he rised, he said papa, today is my paper and i have to study but we not allow him to go for school. at 8 am he interested to read newspaper but he could not read the paper. when his eyes were tested his near vision was found wrong by eye specialist. neuro surgen doctor found some problem in his EEG . he is now ok but dr. has prescribed him to take valance od 500 daily in the night. i request u sir pl. guide me whether it was fit( epilepsy ) or some other reason because child said lateron that he was sleeping all the night and was talking with his friends.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013