Child with fever and loose motion. Recommended zinthromax. What could be the reason?

My baby 16 months old has a fever of 100.5 she also had a fever a was feeling constipated two days ago. A week ago she also had a fever of 100.3 and since then has been coughing and having cold like symptoms. She stated a daycare a month ago and before that she had not been sick,Took her to the hospital and the Dr recommend a prescription called zinthromax has not started yet. Was else should I do to get her better? What could be the cause for this? What Should she continue going to daycare or taking care of her at home while she gets better?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013