Child with fever and blisters on lip, giving Tylenol and Motrin. Red swollen gums with smell. Is it infection from antibiotics?

My daughter 6 years old, started a fever on Thursday evening. She never complained about anything hurting her. But I noticed her breath had a horrible smell. Her fever got up to 104.7 at one point and had gone down to 100. with the rotation of tylenol and motrin. But her fever would still spike up to around 103-104 from Thursday thru Sat. She complained of her throat hurting on Saturday evening. I took her to see a doctor on Sunday morning and she had strep throat . She was started on Amoxicillin on Sunday around 3pm. I gave her 6.5 ml as perscribed 2 times a day. Monday she was still running a fever of 101-102 and developed what looked like a fever blister on her lower lip . Also complained it hurt when she ate. but I didnt notice that bad smelling breath. On Tuesday evening she started to have a really bad smelling breath again but was not running a fever anymore. I looked in her mouth and she has red swollen gums . Is this still from her strep infection or from the antibiotic? What can I do to eleviate the pain of the swollen gums and the blisters on her lip?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013