Child with enlarged adenoids, deviated nasal septum, tonsils, has sleep apnea, is overweight. Is septoplasty advisable at this age?

My son has been detected with enlarged adenoids , and deviated nasal septum - which is S shaped. ALso tonsils. He has breathing difficulty during sleeping i.e. sleep apnea . He breaths through mouth. Also, he is being overweight . He is 11 year old and 60 kgs weight. He is fond of singing. sings well. The questions I need answer to are: 1- I understand that septoplasty is not done in minors as the bone is still growing. Removing adenoid alone may not cure his breathing troubles. Should we get the septoplasty done for him at this age. Atleast he ll get to breath. 2- What precautions can eb taken so that the bone growth does not create any problem in future. 3- If we wait till the age of 18, what can be done so that he atleast breaths and sleeps well. 4- What should be done with his adenoid? 5- Adenoid gives nasal sound. Would removal of adenoid affect his singing in any way. Would it have effect on the rang of scale in music and the nasal soundsrequired sometimes. He is very particular about having his music intact. Its very dear to him. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012