Child with cough, vomitting, diarhea, fever and rashes on hand and feet. Diagonised hand, foot and mouth disease. Is this pnuemonia?

My grandson has had a cough for weeks. Then he vomitted, had diarhea and a 101 degree fever. Then he developed a rash on his hands and feet. He was diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease . He is 18 months, so his poor mother didn t know if it was a cold, teething problems, allergies or what. His father contacted something similar and ended up with a rash all over. I m just not so sure that they might not have some kind of pnuemonia. Any thoughts on this?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012