Child with cough, Due to swimming. Is it common?

Hello Doctor, My 3 yr old son has recently started going to swimming classes. I notice that he is developing some cough which is lasting for 4-5 days after the swimming class. Is this a matter of concern?? I m getting to worry after I just read about some dry swimming cases. My medical center is closed until tomorrow morning for enquiries. Please assist. Regards, Sri
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Children have some problems after they start swimming classes.They usually suffer from skin,ear,stomach and throat infections.This is mainly due to cleansing agents added to the water or by infected water through other children.Until you can consult a doctor give him some nasal congestants and mild antitrussives.
Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.