Child with constant cough cold. Adenoidectomy advised. Hearing loss found in audiogram and impedium tests. Is this due to delay in going to a doctor?

Dear SIr, My son is 5.6 years old and is consistently having a problem of cough and cold. Initially we thought that his snorring habbit is due to this cold and hence we ignored it for almost last 1 year. Now the doctors have advised to go for Adenoidectomy . Do you think that I have delayed this and hence the problem got aggrevated as his hearing capabilities also have got affected by almost 25% temporariry (I have just got the audiogram and impedium tests). Kindly assist.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012