Child with cold, cough and fever, tonsils looked bulged, given Imol syrup. Cause for frequent fever?

My son is 2 yr 3 months old (weight 11 kg). He was having cold & cough and also fever. Our family pediatrician gave syrup & antibiotic for the same. But it was not very effective, so the doctor advice to take 3 injections course, as my son was having red throat & his tonsils were also looking bulging due to viral infection. Now after those injections syrups my son is feeling better. His cold & cough has gone but he is still getting slight temperature. My question is, why that fever is coming again n again?? I am giving him the fever syrup also thrice a day, In case i miss the dose the fever comes. It is about 100.6 degrees. How many more days i am supposed to give the fever syrup. I am giving him IMOL Syrup ( Ibuprofen + Paracetamol ).
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013