Child with broken lip after a fall. Has injury which is yellowish. How to clean this?

Hi my daughter is three she fell and busted her lip yesterday so she has a cut inside her bottom lip and her upper gum is pushed up and swollen. I just checked her bottom lip , its healing but it looks a little yellowish.and she s been eating good and everything and I have been rinising with warm water . So my question is , is there anything else I could use to clean it?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
thanks for your query to Health magic,
The condition you described seems to be small cut and is not actively bleeding. This injury may heal itself and no need to wash except hot water.