Child with breathing difficulty since birth causing disturbed sleep, has frequent nasal blocks, acute coughing. What can be done?

Hi Doctor Samuel, my son will turn two next month. Since he was born I observe him breathing with difficulty at night. I ve seen my GP several times and even went to A&E on numerous occasions, every times i got nasal drops. Last month I asked my GP to refer him to ENT specialist and i got an appointment for this coming wednesday 27/06/12. He can t sleep at night very unsettle, noise block, accute coughing and at times he even gave some punch to my wife. Please can you help me Doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012