Child with back, shoulder and neck pain. Could this be stress related?

My 10 year old son has been suffeing back, neck and shoulde pain - he is expeiencing shooting pains down his neck from his ears to his shouldes and down his sine. his finger tips are occasonally ging numb and he topof his legs. he has unfortunately been bullied at school and doctors are thinking it is stress related? what is you opinion. All i know is that my son is in considerable discomfort by the end of each day. over the counter pain killers for children are not effective. the pain has got worse but the bullying has reduced but not et fully eliminated.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013