Child with anxiety problems. Crying a lot. Will keeping a pet make her happier?

My daughter has been very sad lately and she crys a lot. I think she could be having anxiety issues because of me going to school when I used to be a stay at home mom since she was born and I was in an abusive relationship with her father so I had to leave and he hasnt came to see her since June 1st. And she seems to be more happier around dogs and wanted to know how to get a doctors note to be able to have a dog for her caus the apartment we are in dont allow them.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013