Child with abdominal bloating, very loud and smelly farts in morning. Best medicine?

My 6 years old boy often has abdominal bloating and very loud (and sometime smelly) farts. It happens especially in the morning at school, and the teacher has to isolate him from the other kids. He doesn t eat breakfast before going to school, and he doesn t want to eat his regular lunch and his fruit at school. So, from 8:00am to 3:00pm he takes just snacks. He usually drinks one cup of juice and one/two cups of 1% chocolate milk (cow milk or almond milk ) and eats a pretzel, a vanilla yogurt, some gold fish, honey graham crakers, and some multigrain snack bar. At home he eventually eats his pasta/vegetable soup, fruit and protein (chicken nuggets, turkey meatballs, cheese) at about 5:00pm, and some more milk or yogurt before going to sleep. There is some kind of medicine that I can give him to eliminate his problems? thank you very much
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
he doesn't have a medical problem but a dietary problem.
Change his dietary habits and patterns.
Cut down on his carbohydrates.
Give him meals at regular intervals.Do not give fruits in an empty stomach.
give him lots of protein and salads.Yogurts will help.
For the time being give him some antiacid medications(lanzoprazole in empty stomach) and some digestive syrup(after meals)
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day