Child with MMA, on Carnitor, gets violent with loud noise, bangs hands on face frequently, prescribed Sizodon. Help?

My son 12 yrs age suffering with Methyle Malonic Acidemia taking Carnitor - 500mg twice daily. Methyle Cobalamin-B12 Tab - twice daily and Zevit Cap- Once daily. Gets very voilent to high sounds of Crackers, Loudspeaker or any type of high sound, He gets so voilant that he bangs his hands on his face frequently, we are uanble to control him as a rsult we tie his hands on his back. Shown him toa Pschciatrist who prescribed him Sizodon - 0.5 mg - twice daily, yet to start Sizodon, as we are afraid of its side effects. Please advice / help....... Thanks & Best regards..... Mehta e.mail - YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012