Child with Gastroenteritis, having severe stomach ache and vomiting. Relief from pain?

Hi My daughter who is 4 and a half years old has been ill for 6 days and still no improvement :-( we have been to doctors and they have said she has gastroenteritis and said that there is no treatment and just let it run its course.They also said to keep giving her calpol every 4 hours for her temp.......however she is in really bad pain with her stomach , she is still not eating very well and although the vomiting has stopped she did vomit again last night, she is drinking lots of water, she is not interested in playing, she just wants to lie all day and do nothing.She also has these really loud noises in her belly, is there anything else I can give? she is in a lot of pain :-( Kind Regards Concerned Mother England
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013