Child was punched in the eye. Having sore eyes. See an opthalmologist?

My 7 year old son got punched directly in the eye by an older boy 5 days ago. The punch was very hard and very direct. It did not turn black and blue which shocked me. Last night he woke up with the flu and now tonight is complaining that his eye is very sore. He is usually very specific and knows his body well. If he says his ear hurts 9 out of 10 times he has an ear infection . Should I be concerned about his eye, do I need to take him to the er or should I schedule to see an eye doctor tomorrow?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012