Child was born with orangish jagged skin tag on the soft palate, is growing in size, recommended ENT consultation. Serious?

My baby was born with an orange colored jagged skin tag on the roof of his mouth and I didn t think anything of it. Now it has grown to almost the size of dime but it is normal skin color and a hard round protruding bump. His dr saw it and has referred him to a nose , throat and mouth specialist. I m getting a little scared it could be something serious. It s right behind his two front upper teeth and it is slowly getting bigger. Please advise. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012