Child very active, smart, talks a lot. Has milk twice a day, very aggressive. Suggestions?

hello sir my daughter is three and a half years old. she is although very active and smart but she can talk whole day only when she is sleeping then only she stops otherwise when she plays alone she talks alone. she is so smart that even once you tell her some thing she immediate learn that thing. she is not even taking food properly she only drinks milk two times a day. she dont like homemade meals else she like eating out side things. even some time she is very aggressive. plz help us how to take care of her.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. It is best to have a psychologicall assessment done to know the exact problem with your daughter. With a few sittings with a child psychologist you may be guided best to deal with the various situations.

Regarding meals, if the child likes food from outside rather than home made then an introspection needs to be done. This situation arises when the family members encourage such food. One needs to be firm and stop outside food and reward the child for taking home made food. It has to be done patiently and consistently.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Every child is different.This is good your child is smart and active.
She needs a company,spend time with her.
Regarding food habits,children learn from their elders.You have to encourage home made food to your child.Avoiding eating out and bringing home fried and junk food items.
Encourage her for having fruit,vegetables.salads.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless,