Child urinating blood. Frequent UTI problem. Taking nitrofurantoin. Possibility of broken blood vessel in bladder?

Hello, my 6 yr old daughter is currently urinating blood. She has had a lot of UTI s over her years and has also had a procedure done ( injection in her bladder ) a little over a year ago. She has an appt in a couple days with her urologist . He seems to believe she may have a broken blood vessel in her bladder. Tonight, she had a lot more blood than she has this past week. My wife is currently taking her into the ER because of it, even though she is on nitrofurantoin , this is just scary and not normal to us. I would just like to know if you may have any input on this.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013