Child undergone ear operation, to check tymplasty endoscopy. Have big blotches on arm with face red. Is it normal?

hi my son aged 9 had a ear operation yesterday tymplasty endoscopy to check for diesease, they found it was ok so stitched him back up, today his face is very red flushed and the top of his arms have got big red blotchs on, hes not turning his head much but i expected that, hes also moaned about his left leg hurting around his knee area didnt know if this was normal
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for choosing H.C.M. for your query.

I read your query and the post operative problems of your son. You have not told about pre operative details and is there any intra cranial complication of disease it self. Because post operative progress, and any unusual situation is defined as complication.

But complications in any treatment depends on-

1- Pre-operative status.

2- operative techniques.

3- Infections may be before operation, during operation or after operation in recovery period.

So your child is having some complications that should be taken care of for restoration.