Child taking focalin for ADHD. Proper medication?

How do I know that my son has been prescribed the correct medication for ADHD. He started taking medication on November 2012, his ML were changed 3 times due to the medication not making a difference. He has been on focalin for just about 2 mnths. It is better but its still not the same super intelligent child that I had before the problems with focusing started? How do I know if this is the correct one Im afraid of change after change on medication.
My son had a head concusion at the age of 10 on april of 2012. Before this he had always been in Honors classes and GT classes. The ADHD that we could see in him since he is little never did affect him till after the concusion. He has had MRI, exrays, catscan of his head after cuncusion and nothing seems to be damaged. Then we had to look for help through medication.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013