Child taking antibiotics for pneumonia. What is the recovery period? What are the preventive measures from spreading?

My 2 year old was diagnosed with pneumonia after his chest x-ray . and he s taking antibiotics for last 2 days.I would like to know the approximate recovery time to get completely cured and also by when should i see some decrease in his fever and he getting little better after starting the antibiotics. Does his fever continue for as long as i need to give him antibiotics prescribed for 10 days? Also please let me know any preventive measures so that his 5 year old sister does not catch pneumonia.Will we able to tell the stage of pneumonia that my child is in based on his x-ray report?The initial 1 or 2 days he also had blue or gray color on his nails and hands. is this something i need to worry about?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013