Child taking Concerta, fever, lethargic, constantly sleeping. Safe medication?

My grandson is on Concerta , he is eight years old and has been on the drug for a little over a year. He had what seemed to be the flu two weekends ago, sick to his stomach , tired. etc, although he had a flu shot. This past weekend he developed a fever , very lethargic, sleeping constantly no eating or drinking, did not want anything. He seemed fine on Monday, but the school nurse said he had a temp of 102 degrees. I took him to the emergency room, they swabbed his nose and throat for flu cultures and finally said he had a rhino virus? They did not give me anything for it, other than to say he should take Motrin for the fever. When he is on Motrin, he is fine, no fever but the minute it wears off, the fever is back. At least he ate today and has been drinking. I read where Concerta can possibly cause Pyrexia, which can happen on steroids - I am not sure what to think but I know that fevers usually indicate an infection, and thought he should have been given an antibiotic .
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012