Child taken Sofradex for ear infections. Is it the correct medicine?

Hi My 3 year old was prescribed Sofradex today because he has recurrent ear infections and although his ears are clear today (I had them checked because we are taking a flight next week) the Dr said they are full of wax - however, looking at the leaflet it seems that Sofradex is to clear an infection, not a buildup of wax - have I been given the right thing? Maybe as a precaution so he doesnt get an infection before we fly? just seems different to what I thought I was being prescribed. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013